Stuffed Peaches (81)
Yields: 6 Servings
- 7 Medium Peaches – Ripe
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 6 Macaroons – Crushed
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Cognac
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking dish.
2. Peel one peach and cut the flesh into pieces.
3. Cut the remaining peaches in half. Remove the pits and scoop out a bit of the pulp from each half.
4. Combine the pulp with the cut-up peach and mash well with a fork. Add butter and crushed macaroons, egg yolk, cream and cognac and mix well.
5. Fill each peach half with the mixture, mounding it slightly. Arrange in a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Serve hot or cold.