Jump to navigation Jump to search
Snow Pudding (197)
Yields: 4 Serving
- 1 Envelope Gelatin
- ¼ Cup Cold Water
- ¼ Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- ½ Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add boiling water and sugar and stir until dissolved. Mix in lemon juice and chill until slightly set.
- 3. Beat egg white until stiff froth and fold in gelatin mixture. Beat until spongy and chill.
- 4. Make sauce by beating together egg yolk, sugar and cornstarch. Mix in a little cold milk.
- 5. Scald the rest of the milk and heat with the egg mixture until thickened. Stir the entire time.
- 6. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- 7. Spoon sauce over gelatin mixture in glasses.