Shrimp And Snow Peas
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (I used some White Zinfandel ..had no sherry.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (I didn’t have any in the house)
- 1 package (8 ounce) frozen snow peas, defrosted (I used 8 oz of fresh snow peas)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (I deleted this )
- 1 1/4 cups water (I used 1/14 cups of chicken stock )
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 can (5 ounce) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
1. Combine shrimp, sherry, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, sugar, and garlic; mix and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in Chinese wok over direct high flame. (I used a large frying pan)
3. Add shrimp mixture, stir and fry until shrimp turns pink.
4. Add mushrooms and cook until limp, stirring constantly.
5. Add snow peas; stir and cook 1 minute.
6. Combine remaining 4 teaspoons cornstarch, bouillon cubes, water, and soy sauce; mix well.
7. Stir into hot shrimp mixture.
8. Stir in water chestnuts.
9. Cook, stirring until mixture thickens.