Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lemon Chicken (166)
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts – Skinned and boned
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Shortening
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 Cube Bullion – Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp. Grated Lemon Peel
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley – Chopped.
- 1. Dip chicken in lemon juice.
- 2. Mix the flour, salt and paprika. Shake the chicken pieces in the mix.
- 3. Brown the chicken in shortening.
- 4. Put in a 9x13 baking pan.
- 5. Mix together boiling water, remaining lemon juice, bouillon cube, brown sugar and lemon peel. Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with green onion.
- 6. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice.
(I always double the sauce that is poured over the chicken. That way you have plenty of sauce for over the rice too.)