Frozen Berries With Hot White Chocolate
Yields: 8 to 10 Servings
- 1 1/4 pounds good white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 pounds frozen mixed berries or frozen raspberries
1. Combine the chocolate, heavy cream, and the vanilla in a heat-proof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.
2. About 5 minutes before serving, remove the berries from the freezer and place them on individual serving plates. Ladle the warm chocolate sauce over the berries and serve.
Note: You can either buy frozen berries, or freeze your own by placing the berries on a flat tray in layer. When the berries are fully frozen, keep them a plastic bag in the freezer. Larger berries, such as strawberries, do not freeze well.