Flourless Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake (127)
Yields: 8 Servings
- 4 ¾ oz. Bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate – chopped
- 4 Eggs – Separated
- 3 ½ Tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ Tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line a 9” round cake pan with wax paper, bringing the sides up 2 inches.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
3. Beat yolks and 1 ¾ tbsp.. sugar until doubled in volume and consistency of whipped cream. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1 ¾ tbsp.. of sugar and beat until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour into pan and bake about 35 minutes - until the cake is springy to the touch. Let cool in the pan.