Clotted Cream Fudge
- 10 ounces superfine sugar (regular sugar is okay in my experience)
- 3 ounces golden syrup
- 8 ounces clotted cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Cover and boil for three minutes.
2. Uncover and continue to boil until the temperature reaches 116C/240F. Remove from heat and beat until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
3. Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
4. After thirty minutes, mark into squares with a knife then let set. Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container.
2010: I added chopped pecans to this before putting into pan to cool...very tasty addition