Chevys Sweet Corn Pudding Recipe
(aka Chevy's Fresh Mex Sweet Corn Tomalito)
Yields: 8 Servings
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/4 cup masa harina (corn flour) you can buy in the "special" section in baking.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk
1. In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter, masa harina, and sugar using an electirc mixer until light and fluffy. About 1 minute.
2. In a blender, blend half of the corn kernels with the water until smooth.
3. Combine this mixture with the butter mixture, stirring well.
4. Add the remaining corn kerrnels, corn meal, baking powder, salt and milk and mix well.
5. Pour the corn mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan, tightly cover with foil. Note: the pan must be tightly wrapped at all times.
6. Preheat oven 250 degree F. Place covered dish in a larger roasting pan filled with so water is 3/4 of inch up side of baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.