Yields: about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let soften for 2 minutes. Add the boiling water, stirring to dissolve.
2. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream with a mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Slowly add the gelatin mixture, beating until combined. The mixture will look like it is melting, but will firm up. Stir in the caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.