Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Salsa Sandwich
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno chile pepper*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 slices turkey bacon or reduced-sodium turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 10-inch vegetable-flavor flour tortillas or flour tortillas
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. For tomato salsa: In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and chile pepper. Stir in lime juice and kosher salt. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon according to package directions. Drain well on paper towels; cut bacon into large pieces.
3. To assemble sandwiches, spread mayonnaise over tortillas; top with spinach. Using a slotted spoon, spoon tomato salsa over spinach. Top with bacon. Roll up tortillas to enclose filling. Cut each tortilla in half.